Tuesday, October 26, 2010

13 Days of Halloween....



13 Days of Halloween....
Okay kids... for today we have an old vintage favorite.

Today the imagery is from the old calendar pages from
The Antikamnia Chemical Company of St. Louis, Missouri.
Antikamnia was a scary little pill with caffeine, sodium b, citric acid.
and acetanalid...Used as a fever reducer and all around pain reliever.

 During 1897-1901 the  company produced several calendars
with "Skeleton Sketches"-- based on watercolors
by the local physician-artist Louis Crucius.

I have taken my favorites of these and compiled
them into a collage sheet for ya...
Also I have posted my two fav's in a bigger format.
Enjoy...
- Lesley & Mike




4 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

Perhaps the images scared the pain right out of ya!
These are so cool! TFS!
Linda

Blue Green Arts said...

These are great, thanks for sharing! I love the 13 Days of Halloween :)

Kathy said...

I have never seen these! Nor have I heard of the scary drug! Eeps!! These little guys are really cool though. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

Thank you for these great vintage skeleton images. I have some of them on a purchased sheet of paper (from AlphaStamps). Now I have more!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More