Thursday, December 8, 2011

December adventure, classes and freebies



Good morning bloggers!
We miss you. Its been too long. 
An entire month and more since we blogged last.
As one friend put it to us this weekend her 
RSS feed has become lonely. LOL.

The long and short of it ... nobody paid the ransom.

Joking. My health has had many complications 
in the last month. Without going into great gross and boring details. 
I will just say... a few key words... ulcers, abscessed tooth, salmonella.

On the mend...but we got so behind on things.
Poor Lesley... I don't know how she has put up with me.
Nothing worse in the house-than a sick adult man. 
We whine... we gripe... we over exaggerate our
pain at being the worst in the world.
Most men when sick are big babies.
Especially me.

I'm  also a frantic sick man...
I hate being sick. I don't like to believe it. So I fight it.
Instead of sleep..I will jump out of bed with a fever and then attempt
to build the greatest multi-media shrine box the world has ever seen.. 
Only to pass out sleeping on the work table with 
my head in glue after ten minutes.

My logic goes out the door as well.
When my abscessed tooth caused my head to swell three
times its size and I had extreme chills.
  Lesley left me alone to go run errands.  
She came home to to find me in the carport in my pajamas
with my swollen head attempting to film a 
crafty "youtube" video about glitter and adhesives
in the carport on a poker table.
With our two dogs and the mail lady as my audience.
Make of that what you will. 
Needless to say you might not ever see that youtube video.

On the mend...yes.
To make up for lost blog posts... 
We have created several freebie holiday collage sheets
for your downloading pleasure.  
We will continue to post such goodies on
a regular schedule until the New Year.
So we hope that you will check back often.
Also posted below is a list of our last classes of the year.
This last weekend we did two holiday shows. 
We want to thank everyone who came out to see us. 

All the best, 
-Jack & Cat Curio




Upcoming Classes:

Thursday, December 8th, 2011  
Winter Glitter Ornaments
in Chandler, AZ.
  7:00- 8:30pm



....................................................................................................... 

 Saturday, December 10th 
 All Day Teaching Event
Two Classes
Payson, AZ


   An ABC Primer Tab Book  

9:30am - 1:00pm 


"Basics of Beeswax Collage"
2:30- 4:00pm
 In this technique class you will be introduced to
the use of beeswax for collage and scrap booking.


.................................................................................................

   Thursday, December 15th, 2011  
 "How-To -Do-It!" Series
Topic:Vendor & Trunk Shows, 
Consignment & Boutiques 
in Chandler, AZ.
7:00- 8:30pm


......................................................................................................


6 comments:

SueC said...

Glad you are feeling better, Mike. You sound like you have had a rough time with your poorly swollen face...and poor Lesley.
Anyways, its midnight here so I am just off to bed so night night xx

In the Light of the Moon said...

I am so glad to hear that you are on the mend!!Thanks for the amazing freebies!!Hugs,Cat

Linda M. Cain said...

OH, MIKE!!!!! I'm suffering, and whining through the abcess tooth/root canal/2nd round of antibiotics/headaches/stomach pain, etc, etc, etc,right now, too!!!
But your story is much worse than mine, and really made me lighten up. You should write a book (in your SPARE time.)
Get better, my friend, and hang in there...I know we both are really counting our blessings in between the moans.

Your Friend in ART,
Linda

linda said...

So glad to have you back! Glad to hear Lesley survived your illnesses!

Thanks for your rusting recipe. I used it recently on some fencing and wire and it worked perfectly!

Auntie Em said...

While we may never see the video...and that may be a wise decison...I appreciate the great freebies and want to thank you for sharing them. :) Hope you are on the mend now and able to enjoy the holidays! ( BTW, did the mail lady request a new mail route?) :D

Tina said...

I thought maybe you had a fire! LOL Good to see you back! :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More