Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Don't Come A Knockin!

So for the next few days-I'm locking myself away again! Turning on the beeswax melter, taking over the living room, kitchen, and pulling all my supplies out! I'm one of those artists that If I can't see it in front of me-I won't use it. So I need to have it all out where I can see it! I've spent so much time hunting and gathering. My inventory on rustic odds and ends, widgets, broken gadgets,damaged toys,are in plentiful piles everywhere. So When I open my Santa's workshop I need to pull everything out.It drives people nuts!

I still have not had time to respond to some emails- I will! Perhaps tonight! So Judy B I'm keep tracking of ya my dear friend. We will talk soon. Caught your Flickr! Loved your book.
Anywho-trying to prep for a few vendor shows, gifts, and special requests. Have a great "Open House" happening this Saturday at Mystic Paper! Crafts and goodies! Should be some fine goodies for gifts! If you have not been to Mystic Paper-Saturday will be the day folks. I know- Mesa? Mesa? You can do it! I really love the downtown Mesa area. There are some fine places- I love the Posh Nosh, I love "Coffee Talk"-has a new name-the yoga house? Sorry. The Bungalow?(If you have lived here long enough you know what I'm talkin)Also Antique stores. You can make a very cool artist's supply trip on the weekend with downtown Mesa. Cheap as well.Ten bucks can get you a ton of goodies in downtown Mesa for making darn cool stuff.Gift time people! Old skeleton keys,broken jewelery, some not broken jewelery, a few old photos 1910-1930, a little background paper,some old pin up cards for grandpa. You have yourself an awesome altered project! Go home make it! Thats just with ten bucks! Twenty bucks- my goodness the world is my oyster! Or something like that! Not sure I'm making sense anymore. Between the coffee, lack of sleep, and asthma inhalers. I have art to make! Adios! I will be back in a bit!

3 comments:

Judy Wood said...

now... wait just one minute! pin ups aren't just for grandpa's anymore! my daughter in law, not in her thirties yet, LOVES pin ups! lol...

thanks for your always encouraging words mike! keep shopping! the antique stores always have some surprises in store for us...

Judy said...

Love the pics of your stash!! I would have to move into the garage to pull out all the stuff I have out there so that I could see it when I work. I rely on memory (although that is iffy some days!) and the occasional dig through the boxes to unearth something long forgotten but perfect for a project! Not a good system! LOL!!

Jennifer said...

Mystic Paper can't wait for Saturday! It's going to be so much fun having all of you talented artists in Downtown Mesa...I know, it's Mesa, but it really is a whole different world in "Downtown Mesa".

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More