Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St.. Patty's Day! Spring Break!

I know its been a long while since I have blogged.
Happy St. Patty's Day!
I know my music playlist will grind on a few of you.
It will only last a day or two. Then new changes. I promise.
Where have I been? Flying low. Taking some time to put things in order for the bigger picture. Thinking on new goals.
Design jobs and school have ate my time.
Any spare time that I have, has been used putting things into motion for future classes,vendor shows, and new ideas.
I fell behind on things two months ago.
Got swamped.
Finally able to crawl out.
I get obsessed with things.
I have blinders on at times.
Hence no blog.
I get obsessed with some things and just can't seem to break away from certain projects until they are fully done.
Anyone know what I mean?
Last few months needed to take certain art projects and mediums in new directions. Always a thrill- but can have a little trial and error. Anyone ever have those days in the studio? I know you do!
Those days where all you want to do is create a new masterpiece- but you spend all day on new techniques.
Trying new things.
Some things work.
A few may not.
Those ideas that drive you out of bed at 2:00am.
That's been my schedule.
Late nights. Early mornings.
New ideas drive me out of bed and into the studio.
Lots of new things to talk and share with.
New blog items, collage sheets, classes, and ideas to share. Coming soon.
Trying to get all my teaching dates on the calendar for the Spring and early summer. Things will kick off next week. Talk with you all soon.
I need to go put my green on.
Then out the door!
Happy St. Patty's Day!

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Happy St. Patricks Day you two!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Happy St. Pat's, Mike! Yeah, I have days/weeks like that. Full speed ahead.... Have a great day!!

Judy Wood said...

i hope you enjoyed a safe and virtually green beer - free day! lol... i went to an irish punk band cd release party! woot!

Artistgirl's Muse said...

Happy Creating! I know how it goes! Saw you at CHA, was crazy busy at the make-it take-it table, looked back you were gone. Hope you had fun!

Judy Wood said...

*wave* you've now hit your quota of a once-a-month post, just like ME! i've noticed once a month, esp with pics is about right...

hope you've recovered from all the drinkin!!!

Heather Smith said...

Hope you had a great St Paddy's day as well!!! I have to say love the jukebox selections!!! Right up my lane her in thawing out Nova Scotia!!! Great songs!!

Flippinpest said...

Nice to see you surface :-) I really love your blog, as it is SO different. Come back soon!

CeCe said...

Looking forward to seeing your class schedule! Hope to be in town for at least one of them. In between I love visiting with you via your blog!

Zinnia's on Melrose said...

Mike-Leslie, please call me. I have something for you two that would be so great! Email me for my phone number. Or if I already gave it to you, call me!
Tricia
vintageblissaz@yahoo.com

WomanREvolving said...

Hey, Mike! Boy, do I know what you mean!!! I've been "not blogging" myself since December, trying to get caught up on work, projects, ideas crashing around in my head...yeah, I'm there. Hope things settle down a little for you soon. Can't wait for more classes!

Flippinpest said...

Please visit my blog..someone special has left me something and I want to share :-)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More