Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bohemian Bliss Soiree & More.....




Been gone from the blog for awhile.
Sorry folks.
Trying to get back... things stacked up on me.
A few new changes to the blog.
Trying some new code and things-computer nerd talk.
Last time I posted I was on my way to the
"Bohemian Bliss Soiree & Vintage Market" thrown by
the talented duo of Dan and Kristin Alber.
Kristin is the owner of "Blissful Living Studio"
and "Domestic Bliss" here in town.
A must stop for all with curio style desires and hip cat like design passions.
Everytime I enter the store it reminds me how I want to live my life.
I want to surround myself with "grand and pretty things".
Yes I said "grand and pretty things"!
I want to pack the entire store into that shabby art cave I call a home.
Someday... perhaps when I can spell my name like M!ke in my blog.
Then I will be able to live my life like a NICK Drake car commercial.
Wear dandy clothes, host secret crafting holiday parties,
have the best house on the block during Halloween,
and home school all my children.
Until then..... shabby, hand made goodies and decor of
my own making it will need to be.
NO kids yet. Just unkept animals in my house.
Cute, bad mannered animals that take over my bed at night.
Anyway... we had an invite to attend from
a good and charming friend Diva Tricia from Vintage Bliss.
Who looked quite grand and had a damn cute booth set up.
The event had great atmosphere- a perfect Americana summer night!

Caught up with a few good friends- some truly big hearted folks!

Good to see a few old faces and some new.
Would have had a few great shots of folks and the like-
but my camera suffered a quiet tantrum.

Oh yes- we got dressed up for the event....

Here are a few pics...

A big "Thanks" to the charming Laura Ingalls Gunn
for this pic of Lesley and I!




















11 comments:

Robin said...

Looks like a great time was had by all.

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

oh that was super cool!! And that handlebar looks good on you! Your date was very bohemchicsupercute too!

CeCe said...

I continue to hear so many fun things about this event. Wish I had not missed it. The set up looks awesome!

lifeheARTist said...

Lovin' the new look of the site M!ke! : ) The pics are fab and you both look wicked-cool-dandy! love, love, love Lesley's hat! : )The Soiree was a great idea & looked amazing!
Oh...KIDS? Hello? *poopy-poopy* I'll never be able to hear those words uttered again without thinking of ya & cracking up! hee-hee!

Cristine's Story said...

Great photos Mike! It was a fun evening was a fun evening wasn't it? Here's to many more!

Flippinpest said...

Loving your blog still. What a wonderful time you had and what amazing things surrounded you. WOW!

House of Hullabaloo said...

I wouldn't have recognized you! Lesley is beautiful. I prefer yopu clean shaven. Frankly, I have never Soireed. Would love to sometime. It looks like fun!

Zinnia's on Melrose said...

Great pics! I love how you embellished them. I will definitely use a few in the next magazine with your permission of course, and a shout out to your blog. They look so great. I'm so glad you guys came, it was the most fun I have had so far this year! When's the next party!?
Tricia

Unknown said...

Well put it was a perfect summer night!!! Julie

Chia said...

Love the outfits! You both look great.

Paris Montana said...

Bonjour Ya'll,

Tricia forwarded on the fabulous pics you took of horns and Paris Montana trailer. See ya'll at the next market.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More