Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Arizona is a strange place of hot!

Been a long time ..
Life has been kicking us hard...
Where the hell have we been?
Working... working... working...
Some art.
Been trying to keep the doors of the daycare open.
Tough times...Arizona is a bit of a madhouse at this particular moment.
Passions and anger are running high...
Strange politics.. cutbacks... lost programs... lost funding...
Everyone fighting to stay alive..
I see it on all my parents... its passed onto the kids...
I hear it in all my classrooms.
I don't talk politics or religion on my blog... or in my classrooms.
However....I think that we can all agree ...things could be better.
Now we have the extreme heat coming.
You throw that on top of everything...it makes for strange times.
People in Arizona have short fuses in the summer.

We have highly considered buying several frozen
margarita machines
to help deal with the stress of things.
I fear it will not be enough...

But thank goodness for artistic expression,
good friends, romance, and damn good food.
So onward we go... if you spend your time stewing on the negative...
it has a way of holding ya down.
So get off your ass and rock it hard.

You only live once. So grab it all and enjoy it.

A big "Thank You" to all those that wished me a "Happy B-day" last month.
Your comments ... much appreciated.

So here is something that made me laugh the other day...
I laugh alot everyday... however this particular item,
makes me laugh every time.
All my kids in my programs have a mandatory journal.
You must write or draw daily.
Its a rule with me.
They fight me at first. Then they bend to my will...
You look thru a kids journal over a period of a month...
You gain perspective on that individual.
What home is like.... relations... self confidence...
abuse...likes and dislikes... dreams...anger...
As I was cleaning up the journal pile the other day...
A piece of paper fell out..
I unfolded it and took a look.
Don't know the artist... however... it made me laugh.
When you try to read the thought of the young artist...
it makes me laugh even more...



I love how kids think and do.
I have more to post in a bit...
Class updates and the like...

Be back in a bit.



No comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More